Routes to North Central Regional JSHS
Students can advance to the North Central Regional JSHS in one of two ways: Regional Competition or Open Competition. Open Competition is an option available to students who were prevented from competeing in one of the eight Regional Science Fairs due to a significant hardship they face. The guidlines for both the Regional Competition and Open Competition are outlined below.
Regional Science Fair Competition:
Students may submit a paper to their Regional Science Fair. Student winners from each region are automatically qualified for JSHS.
Open Competition Steps:
1)Email Program Director firstname.lastname@example.org and detail why you were unable to participate in a Regional Science Fair.
2) Based on the information provided, the Program Director will determine if you can proceed with the Open Competition registration process.
3) If you receive approval from the Program Director you can then fill out the Open Competition webform linked HERE
4) Your information and abstract will be reviewed and you will be notified if you are eligable for North Central Regional JSHS registration
If you have questions or problems with the registration process, please view to PDF guide to registration and/or the video guide that walk students, parents, and teachers through the process of registering. The example registration is of a middle school student, but the process is the same - just different registration questions. Please contact Darcy Schatz - Database Manager - with questions pertaining to the video registration or other registration questions. email@example.com or call 651-955-8301
Read this Registration Tip Sheet first!
Set aside 10-20 minutes for registration; registration must be completed in one sitting or the system won’t save your information.
Students should make sure to have their project information (e.g. title, abstract, category, etc…) and their advisor contact information ready before registering.
Registration is now a ONE-STEP process for students, parents, teachers, advisors, judges, and volunteers.
- Refunds or cancellations must be requested in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the final date for registration for the event for which you are registered.
- Refunds will not be given after that date unless there are extenuating circumstances. Requests based on extenuating circumstances must be made in writing by email to the program director before the program start date.
- No refunds will be given for late fees.
- We will not share your personal or credit card information with any third parties.
Please be aware that by participating in a Minnesota Academy of Science sponsored event, you are automatically authorizing the Minnesota Academy of Science and its staff, agents, assignees, and affiliates to use, reproduce, and/or publish photographs and/or videos that include your image, likeness, or voice without compensation.
This material will become the property of the Minnesota Academy of Science and may be used online and in various print publications. This material will only be used for lawful purposes, including publicizing the Minnesota Academy of Science and its programs.
If you have any questions about photography at the event, write to email@example.com