Winchell Undergraduate Research Symposium/Annual Meeting
- There are four main components of the event: a keynote lecture, oral presentations, breakout sessions and poster presentations.
- The event will run from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Lunch occurs between oral presentations and breakout sessions.
- Guidelines for oral and poster presentations! We strictly adhere to time and space limits (regarding oral and poster presentations, respectively).
- Details on breakout sessions, oral presentations and the poster session.
- Address for event and a campus map, showing locations of Winchell events and parking.
- Download the flyer here and spread the word!
- Each attendee must register him or herself. The system cannot process mass registrations from institutions.
- You must complete all registration questions in one sitting, as the system does not save work in progress, only completed applications.
- If you think your institution is paying your registration fee, verify that in advance and when you register, you must provide us with the name, title and email address of the person who approved payment. If you or your advisor is a member of the American Chemical Society (ACS), ACS will pay for your registration! Just answer the appropriate questions when registering.
- If either your institution or ACS is paying for your registration, when you get to the payment page, select "send me an invoice" and either put in the address of your institution or something - we'll bill the appropriate people.
- your advisor's name and email address,
- whether you'll be doing an oral or poster presentation, and
- your presentation title and abstract.
NOTICE: If you are going to invoice your school for your registration, please use the Chrome browser.
We are experiencing technical difficulties with IE for invoicing.
What Is It?
The Annual Meeting & Winchell Undergraduate Research Symposium prepares undergraduate students to enter the fields of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics by providing a forum for students to showcase their scientific research, receive comments from professional scientists and peers, and network with professionals in the fields they aspire to enter.
Please be aware that by participating in a Minnesota Academy of Science sponsored event, you are automatically authorizing the Minnesota Academy of Science and its staff, agents, assignees, and affiliates to use, reproduce, and/or publish photographs and/or videos that include your image, likeness, or voice without compensation.
This material will become the property of the Minnesota Academy of Science and may be used online and in various print publications. This material will only be used for lawful purposes, including publicizing the Minnesota Academy of Science and its programs.
If you have any questions about photography at the event, please contact: email@example.com.
Thank you to our 2017 sponsors!
Anonymous donation in memory of
former Minnesota Academy of Science Executive Director
M. I. (Buzz) Harrigan
Natural and Behavioral Sciences